Monday, October 3, 2011

Water Fasting Days 1-3

I don't know where I got the idea to do this. Something tells me it was because of Stumbleupon, but anways, I haven't eaten anything in over 62 hours. I'm on day 3 of my "Fast for the fuck of it". I'm interested in experimenting with my body, so this doesn't really come as a surprise to myself. I'll tell you how it's been so far.

Day 1 - Everyone knows what it's like to be hungry. I'm one of the most voracious eaters I know. I eat a lot. So going on this fast seems especially crazy to me. Regardless, the first day wasn't terrible. I started timing everything at 12:00 AM on October 1st. I went to sleep around 3AM or so in a fed state. I woke up around 10 and was mildly hungry. By the end of the day it felt like what you'd expect. I was hungry, but I could manage.

Day 2 - I went to bed around the same time as last night. I woke up surprised that I wasn't that hungry, but within a few hours that changed. I was constantly forcing images of food out of my mind. I started to imagine what was the meal I wanted most. Was it the Delmonico Steak from Mark's Prime US Steakhouse? Something from China Grill? No, maybe just a MASSIVE burrito from Moe's. Before I went to bed I was talking with my roommate and he said I should check my breath because it smelled foul. Before starting fasting, I had read very little about the subject. Now I know personally that this is one of the side effects of fasting. I also noticed that my adrenaline was easily triggered.

Day 3 - I am no longer hungry. This is very surprising. I'm mildly sensitive to light. I don't have as much energy but it is manageable. Instead of running up stairs, now I just walk. I feel pretty good considering. I have foul breath, but I don't really notice it, just everyone else. I bought some mints in case I do have to interact with people.

No comments:

Post a Comment