Friday, June 18, 2010

General Balance and Multiplayer

City Takeover - One thing I was surprised by was my first city takeover. I realized, via inner-monologue, that I could just waltz right into any city and take it over with just one unit. I asked myself, "Wait, you're telling me I can take this place over with one guy, even with the weak, inane merchant over there???" while looking at my 100-strong full-plate armored army. It was a bit surprising, and I find it a bit unbalanced. I think there should be a minimum takeover cost in terms of battle, and I figured with the AI improvements that shouldn't happen.

Pace - I like to care about every turn, which wasn't happening in the later portion of the game when I was established. This is also an issue with AI that will probably be changed, but I would just skip turns to build my city or research, endlessly.

Multiplayer Experience - I tried to play a game online tonight, but to no avail. I couldn't even tell whether or not anyone could read my messages in the lobby #elemental. I could not play 1 vs. Player, or 1 vs. AI, so I can't comment much on it. I'll try later.

That's all for now, I'll comment on the Empire and Event Trees later.

No comments:

Post a Comment