Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Test Results

I figured I walked out of that test with an A. Nope. No A. A big old C.

Yeah I know, what the fuck? That's what I said. So of course I go in to see the TA as soon as I could. We went over the problems. For one of my force calculations I miscalculated 150 time 120. I somehow got that it was 2000. I don't know how but I was off by 200 units, which bent me over, completely. The TA could see that everything else was right, that I knew how to do the calculations, and that if this was a manually graded test he would have totally given me at least 60% for those questions I had missed. Then I got another part where I didn't remember to balance force loads in the X direction. That was kind of silly mistake, but at least I know what the hell I'm doing. I will make this class my bitch. It's so personal, I've recorded all of my TA's office hours.

Anyways, as you'll probably see, I'm typing this very late. This is my break on the shitter, away from my dreaded Capstone project. But despite it being dreaded by so many people, I really have fallen in love with it. I get to create my project. It's like bringing a dream to life. It's a ton of work, but I feel fine thanks to some of that Adderol I've been prescribed. This is one of those times I don't know if I could complete the assignment without its help. With my computer crashing (Booted into Bios and watched my CPU temperature climb from ambient to 109 degrees celcius - For those that aren't familiar with those kinds of numbers, let me tell you, that is absolutely FUCKING insanely hot), unknowingly falling behind in classes, and scrambling to pull files from my desktop hard drives has left me unnerved.

I suppose the class I'm truly falling behind in is one of those, kind of like Capstone, which forces you to figure things out for yourself. Construction Finance. He hands us all a folder which fills the entirety of my backpack, no joke, and I have to make a business plan. Uh... right. I'll get right on it. Just after I master Structures and Capstone with the mild and everlasting ubiquitous fear of Construction Planning and Estimating II.

*Wipes* Well, all done here.












No comments:

Post a Comment