Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The Harbinger of Failed Exams

I've got to give it to Google for all the things they've done for me. I use their email service, I use their calendar, their reader, their browser, and now even their blog (not to mention my medical records are stored with Google too). It's really made an improvement in my life, and I heard today that they're actually paying for free wifi in 41 airports around the US. Go Goog! Rah!

Anyways, aside from these mad props, this is the beginning of my blog. The title is all in jest. You all should know I have a dark sense of humor. I'll turn up the heat as we get further on. For now this is all very aimless and I'm not quite sure what I'll end up doing with it. Let's just say it's for whatever catches my eye so I can look back and get back on track to what I should have been doing.

Why don't we start with that then - I mean aside from school and the fact that I have the GRE to study for tomorrow - there are some things that I think are more important to do. Maybe not as pragmatic (yeah, I've been studying for the GRE) as preparing for my big test tomorrow, but doing what excites me keeps me fresh. So without further ado, I present the awesomeness of today.

This is my next project, and I'll be damned if I don't actually succeed in this one. It seems so do-able. It's basically an Arduino based knock sensing lock mechanism. In layman's terms, this thing will detect a certain signature knock on my door and unlock the deadbolt. Screw finding my keys in the middle of the dark anymore, now all I need to do is knock Shave and a Hair Cut, or at least that's what I'm hoping for.

Yeah so he has some fancy PVC pipes, but I don't need that stuff. I might as well just fasten it right to the door. Here's a website with all the details.

Well that's it for the first post. Phew. O. Yeah. The GRE. I guess I should learn how to write that essay section now...

No comments:

Post a Comment